Sunday, August 9, 2015

Cacapon Golf Course

So this isn't exactly a report on how good the fishing was, but instead how good it might be. I was at my buddy's bachelor party this weekend, and we hit the golf course at Cacapon Resort State Park in West Virginia. Of course, as we're going by the ponds (I somehow managed to avoid getting in them!), I notice a surface disturbance. The water was chocolate milk, and you had less than 6 inches of visibility, but that didn't stop me from seeing the tails of carp waving as they were picking stuff off the edges and bottom of the ponds. I'm fairly certain I even saw some sort of koi. I have no idea what else it could have been - they had fairly long and "frayed" dorsal, anal, and tail fins, and were more black in color versus the orange/gold you typically see on a carp.

If you're up for some golf course pond fishing (and I have no idea if it's legal there), give it a shot. The fish looked pretty big. Bring some small nymphs and a strike indicator and hold on!

No comments:

Post a Comment